Saturday, September 27, 2008

Getting Involved!!

I have recently had the opportunity to connect with other brain tumor survivors through a couple different online services. One is through a LinkedIN group called Immerman Angels. The Imerman Angels are a group of people dedicated to the support of people with cancer. Here is a blurb straight from their website...(http://www.imermanangels.org/)

Imerman Angels connects a person fighting cancer today ("cancer fighter") with someone who has beaten the same type of cancer ("cancer survivor"). The relationship provides a fighter the opportunity to ask personal questions and receive encouragement from someone who is uniquely familiar with the situation. The relationship provides a survivor the opportunity to personally help a fighter as he or she battles the disease

I found these guys and joined their online group, while in the normal course of business using an online networking tool called LinkedIN, which in essence is the MYSpace or Facebook for business networking.

What a great organization and concept. As I have been going through this treatment & healing process, I have been blessed with an amazing support team. A group of people that keep me strong, keep me fighting, and keep me sane! What I have found is that not everyone has the amazing level of strength of a support group that I do.

I can't imagine facing the battle OF and FOR your life without support!
I am in the process of becoming one of Immerman's Angels. I want to be able to directly connect with people that are fighting the same Cancer that I am fighting. I want to be able to channel the power that each of you have given me to give to others.

As you can see, I am extremely excited about this opportunity. I have wanted to give back by working with other Cancer Fighters. I have finally found a way to do that in a one on one basis!

I will find out more about the organization and the process to get involved over the next week. I will let you know what I find. Wish me luck, as this could be the way to share the power that each of you gave me with others who are in need.

Thank you to all who have given me the strength to get to this point!

Check these guys out...its a pretty cool organization! http://www.imermanangels.org/


Peace Out!

PS. By the way, I know the first thing I will share with other CANCER Fighters...How to get around...the "Cool Way" SCOOTERS RULE!








No comments: