Monday, December 22, 2008

Musings and Hopes

12/21/08

Coming home from vacation, thinking too much. 7 days of sun, sea, and laughter with good friends. Christmas is coming, my health is good, and even the business is doing well.

So, what the hell? Why am I sitting here on this plane with tears flowing? Idle time is not my friend. Idle time tends to flip "the switch". Thinking about how that tumor changed my life and that of my families forever.

I didn't ask for this tumor, yet I can not complain. I look at who I have become in the last year in part due to this disease.

I am a stronger person, yet not afraid to show emotion. My fear is usually slapped away by a neverending feeling of hope that "Keeps me Keeping On"

My relationships with family and friends have strengthened. I don't take anything for granted.

So again, why am I crying? I am approaching a milestone in my life - 40 and more importantly, Cancer free for 12 months. Whatever the future brings, no one can take that away. 12/29/2007 - The day Dr. Denise Crute saved my life. The day I stopped taking life for granted and seeing it as the gift it is.

So, why the tears? This year, I have learned what the power of prayer means. I have learned that no matter what this Economy brings to never lose hope and pick ourselves up by our bootstraps and make it Happen! - Thanks to Jeff for your help on that one!

I really think the tears are those of pure joy. Tis the season, and every once in a while, it is therapeutic to reflect. Reflection shows you the past, and helps to illuminate the path forward.

So during this Christmas Season, take some time to reflect on the good & the challenges of this year. Pay attention to how those events have shaped your today. All politics aside - SHARE HOPE. Hope in each other, hope in the future, and live for today!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your families!

Peace

1 comment:

~Val said...

Happiest of holidays to you...and happy anniversary!!

Saw Mark last night in Phx and thought of the big bash in March. Let's hope for many more!

~Val