Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"One More Day"

It has been a while since I posted, so quick health update -


Now that I am post-treatment, I only have to go up to Madison once every three months for MRI & Check-up. I had another MRI in early June and they continue to be clean! I am feeling great and am probably in the best shape that I have been in 20 years. Kim is good, business is good...Life is groovy.


This morning, I woke up early and while enjoying my coffee, I started thinking....

2 days ago (6/29/09) marked 18 months post surgery for me. Doesn't seem like a big anniversary or anything, but deep down it has always been something that I thought about.


Let me explain...A couple days after my surgery, the doctor from the floor and I had a conversation about my Tumor...not one of my main doctors, just one covering the floor at the hospital. I can't remember his name, but I will never forget what he said when I asked "How long do I have - really"?


His reply, "6-18 months at most, I recommend that you get your stuff in order" - I guess I kind of deserved that for asking such a dumb question don't ya think? :)


However, 18 months and 2 days is here and my stuff is still a mess. :)


18 months and 2 days later and I still wake up every morning and smile cause I have "one more day".


I hope you all have a beautiful & blessed day today...I know I will.

3 comments:

markopat said...

That gave me chills and I now have the biggest smile on my face Steve....Way to defy the odds.

Thanks for helping me start my day in the best possible way!

Mark

Joanne said...

There was never a doubt in my mind that you would beat the odds they gave you that first week. Come hell or high water -- you'd have to prove them wrong just because!
Doing the happy dance here!

~Val said...

I think of you often and am SO glad you continue to beat the odds into oblivion!! Great way to start July, eh??