Friday, August 28, 2009

On a Day Like Today

Been a hard couple of weeks with the passing of Robert Novak and most recently Ted Kennedy. Both were diagnosed with brain tumors last spring, while I was undergoing treatment.

Hearing of their passing flipped that funny little switch again...you know the one...the "oh yeah I have brain cancer" switch. :)

Instead of wallowing this time, I did a bit of reflecting on all the things great in my life, the things that make it all worthwhile...family, friends, children playing, and Nature. (most specifically the Caribbean) :)

I put together a video of some of those things that make me smile...Not complete by any means...but it helped me flip that damn switch off again! I put it up on youtube.

I hope you enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zBBc_7kCTE

Next MRI September 8th - I will update with results!

Peace Out!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Your photography skills are improving!

Sue Maggio said...

Great video. Glad we can make you smile. You make us smile, too!

Skolrood said...

Steve- my boss who is 42 recently got diagnosed with bone cancer. I shared with him your story of hope, positive thoughts, and pure determination, and the will to overcome. His doctor said they have never seen a person more committed to be one of the survivors (obviously that dr. never met you haha). It hit home to me thinking of you and him and how someone can make the choice on how they want to deal with their diagnosis. Your story really inspired him!! Keep it up and you are definately in my thoughts a lot.