Monday, January 18, 2010

Another Year Older - YAHOO!!!

One year ago I was posting how excited I was to turn 40 years old. Well, one year later, another Brain Tumor removed, several weeks of rehab to recover from a minor stroke, 2 years post original diagnosis, and here I am - 41 and loving every minute of it!

Typically all of the survival stats for people with Glioblastoma's are pretty dismal, except for this one that I found not too long ago...for patients with GBM's who suvive 2 years post original diagnosis and treatment, the 5 year survival statistics go through the roof! How's that for a birthday present?

So, today is going to be low key. Going to spend the day doing some work and hopefully get to the gym. We already celebrated my Bday as Chef Kim treated me to a great Steak dinner this weekend for my birthday and I spent Saturday evening with some great friends and donated money to each of their Poker Funds.

Thank you all for the continued prayers and thoughts.

Peace Out!

2 comments:

markopat said...

You just keep on posting birthday messages my brother! That makes my heart smile!

WHOOP!

MarkyP

~Val said...

Happy happy! Enjoy your special day.