Saturday, May 28, 2011

Best Worst Days

I guess to say the past few days have been the best worst days I have ever had is a good way to sum it up.

On Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 11:05 a.m. I lost my very best friend and a very large piece of my heart. Steve passed, quietly, peacefully and surrounded by family. I treasure the precious opportunity I had to be there with him when he passed.

I say these past few days were the best worst days, the worst part, that is quite obvious. How can I possibly call them the best in any way shape or form? Well, people have reached out from so many places. Steve's family and I have heard from people from his old neighborhood when he was growing up to high school friends, previous employees, previous co-workers of mine that I haven't heard from in years, as well as previous students who remain close and many many more friends, family and loved ones.

I wanted to provide the opportunity to pay respects as well as celebrate the impact Steve had on so many people. I believe we did that. My nephew, the infamous Tony, said that though he heard/saw tears, there was by far more laughter as people recalled times with Steve or how he had inspired them. I have always been proud of Steve and all that he accomplished and he gave me one more opportunity to be the very proud wife of an amazing man.

It is my intent to keep the blog up and post intermittently, no promises on the frequency but some life happenings are worthy of this particular blog. One such life happening...On Wednesday, May 25, 2011. Miss Ava became a big sister, Ella Marie arrived to put a bit of brightness in our lives. It is my mission to make sure both of the girls as well as Steve and I's slew of nieces, nephews,and great nieces & nephews are sufficiently spoiled and that they remember "uncle teeb".

To all of you who sent love, prayers and support over the years, please know how much it meant to both Steve and I and know that he beat the odds because of the strength he got from all of you. I will forever hold all of you in my heart and be eternally grateful for the support you gave to Steve. Only one thing left to say...Peace Out ;)

Kim

2 comments:

Mary Bean said...

Kim, I came on Steve's blog out of habit really and I was so thrilled to see you had updated it. I have been anxious to hear how you are doing and I am happy you have found something positive in Steve's passing. I don't need to tell you what a wonderful man he was after all you married him! I look forward to hearing from you whenever you get a chance to update blog. Wish I could be there to hug you. Lots of love, Mary xxxxx

GillyGator said...

Kim,

Can you send me an email at gwolchock@gmail.com so I can connect with you please :)


Love,


Gil