Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Sunny Getaway

Ok...I admit....the last 6 months have been a little mentally draining on Kim and I. :) (quite possibly could be the understatement of the year)

Kim and I had the opportunity to get away last weekend to Key West for a couple days at a Bed and Breakfast along with some time in the Sun! What a wonderfully relaxing trip! We accomplished EVERY ONE of our critical missions...

1. Sit in Sun by Pool/Beach with Book. CHECK!
2. Swim in Pool/Gulf to cool off as needed. CHECK!
3. Wander the island and shop for goofy Jimmy Buffett stuff and related swag. CHECK!
4. Relax. Relax. Relax. CHECK!
5. Forget about everything in the real world and BE NORMAL for a little while and enjoy each other for a few days. CHECK!

To kick off the trip, Kim and I met with Dr. Crute (my amazing surgeon) on Wed afternoon before we left. She reviewed the latest MRI from May. She was incredibly happy with the results! We then spent the next hour celebrating, laughing, and talking about good things! Dr. Crute has an amazing talent in helping us put everything in perspective. We both look forward to our visits with her. They truly brighten our day!

With Every passing day, I appreciate more and more the time that I have. I am ALIVE and Kicking and LIVING every minute! I know I sound like a broken record, but it is amazing how my outlook changes and improves every day. I find myself being alot more sentimental, and smiling for no reason other than I am just truly happy! Anger is an emotion that rarely pops its head. I love looking back at good things, and I am also looking forward further and further ahead!

I promised at the start of this blog to share my thoughts and feelings during this journey. Believe it or not, the dominant feeling I have is happiness. Happy to be alive, happy to be working, happy to have the friends and family that I do, and Happy to have been able to have had this last weekend to spend with my wife. And most of all, happy to think of the good things yet to come!

PEACE OUT!

5 comments:

markopat said...

WOW...sounds like we ALL should go to Key West!!!

Way to go Steve and Kimmer! After all:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

Livin' The Dream, baby!

Marky P

JacquelineMarie said...

Key West...you know that is one of my very favorite spots in this whole wide world!!!! And I am lucky enough to have a brother that lives there. :) I heard a great saying that reminds me of you and Kim..
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but about dancing in the rain--Keep dancing!!!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

If anyone deserves a nice getaway in the sun its you and Kim! Glad to hear the latest MRI was good news!!!!
-SKOL

~Val said...

Aloha from sunny Hawaii! Glad you had a KICK-A** get-away and enjoyed your six-month celebration! Keep those good MRIs rolling in!!

~val

JacquelineMarie said...

Hey Steve and Kim,
Tis the month of Jimmy Buffett hanging out in Alpine Valley--July 19th. Can we all meet up with the 2 of you? Will you be going this year? I know us other parrotheads will not miss it!!! Hope we can share some Coronas and Margaritas!!
Jacks