Thursday, October 15, 2009

Post Op update

You'll have to excuse the lack of Steve's witty comments and quips, you've got me "filling in" while he is recouping. But, I wanted to update everyone so you knew what was happening on this end.
First, I just read Steve's blog post from this morning, can I just say he is remarkable and quite honestly he makes me a better person. That being said let me catch you up.
Dr. Crute is as we thought a remarkable surgeon but most of all remarkable person. Again she took the time to explain things prior to the surgery as well as after. It truly helps a lot to have someone explain what they are doing so you can understand, I am immensely grateful to her for her honesty and don't know how we would have made it this far without her.
The surgery went well, the enhancing "thing" had grown from the time of the scan, it ended up being 1.7 cm but Dr. Crute got it as well as some other "residual" matter. She removed the aneurysm clips from the previous surgery and things went well.
I left the hospital a little before 10:00 p.m. and Steve was resting. He has been struggling a bit with coming out of the anesthesia, Dr. Crute did a CT scan it came back ok, she is planning an MRI in the morning.
I am hopeful that tomorrow morning he will be more alert and less groggy. He did talk with me a bit before I left so that was nice.
Those of you who know Steve know, he is a fighter and doesn't stay down long. With the tremendous amount of love and support he has coming from all of you, he'll be back to blogging himself in no time.

So...keep the good thoughts and prayers coming, they are appreciated more than words can say. I'll do my best to keep the blog updated w/ progress. Thanks again for all of the love and support through this challenging time, it has helped us weather the storm thus far.

Peace and Much Love,

Kim & Steve

3 comments:

markopat said...

To say Steve is a fighter is an understatement, Kim. As Steve recovers from this day, I know that the entire support group and the thousands of friends and well-wishers that are sending their positive thoughts, will send the strength to Steve that he needs to get through this. I know this because I can feel the love and the strength in me. I am so proud and overwhelmed by the prayers that everyone is sending to you and your families.

We are so blessed.

~Val said...

Keeping both of you in my thoughts this weekend!

Skolrood said...

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear the surgery went well. I've been praying for Steve!!!