Monday, October 5, 2009

A slight change in plans

Well, my latest plan was to get a new MRI on 10/20 and evaluate the 'peculiar' spot at that time. Well, after a visit with Dr. Crute, my Neurosurgeon today, we have decided to change the plans.

Next Thursday, I will be going in for Stereotactic Neurosurgery or in the words of my rockstar neurosurgeon...."A Chip Shot" for her. Two years ago it was the size of a tennis ball, this time the tumor is only slightly larger than a pea. It is in the resection cavity, aka, the hole in the temporal side of my head that the first tumor was in. So to stick with the golfisms...this round of golf will be pretty much mini putting. However, it definitely needs to be MULLIGAN Free. :)

Now this surgery should be pretty simple...I mean really, all she needs to do is cut where my other incision was and use a simple little CRAFTSMAN PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWDRIVER to unscrew the plate from last time and use a common spoon to dig the tumor out...NO PROBLEM! A CHIP SHOT!

Now thankfully, Dr. Crute is the Tiger Woods of Neurosurgical golf so this should not be a problem. However, if she had the golf skills of my business partner Jeff "SHANKAPOTTOMUS" Carpenter...we would have issues.

As you can tell, I have a pretty good attitude about this. I believe strongly that this is the right decision. Removing the tumor is ALWAYS the best case option when Glioblastoma Multiforme Tumors are involved. These thing are nasty as hell and can quadruple in size in weeks not months. I have a great team of doctors and an even better support team.

I will only be in the hospital for a couple days, and be recovering for about 2 weeks before I am back to work and 6 weeks until I am back to my new normal. The benefit this time is that I have the opportunity to manage my schedule which makes me feel better from a business standpoint.

All is good! If this is all we have to do every couple years, then so be it! I feel great and "Damn It Feels Good to be me!" (If you don't know the reference...check this link out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFLIxnbmO5E ) Quickly becoming my new theme song.

I will keep you all informed! Thank you for your Prayers!

PEACE OUT!

2 comments:

JacquelineMarie said...

Prayers and hugs to you Steve, I just got out of major surgery to have a total hip replacement. Faith, family, and friends, along with an amazing surgeon got me through it out! Keep the faith! Love, Jacquaaa

Mary Bean said...

Steve, we are anxious to hear how you are recovering. Please post something as soon as you can to give us an update. Love Mary x