Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Released from Rehab

Its beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! Yesterday I was completely discharged from Outpatient rehab. I was slated to have to do 8 weeks, but did so well, (and I whined a lot) that they officially discharged me from therapy yesterday. I had been going 2 times per week to Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy.

I need to thank my team at Van Matre Rehab hospital in Rockford. They were honestly fantastic. From my Core team during my two weeks of inpatient therapy; Fran who helped me get out of bed and relearn balance in Occupational Therapy to Donna who kept me laughing in Physical Therapy to Emily who helped me think straight again. Thank you. Without them, I would still be the blubbering mess I was after surgery. I also want to thank my outpatient team for challenging me and helping me reach the recovery goals! Thanks go out to Marla, whose weekly homework kept my brain firing neurons, Becky in PT for making PT fun, to everyone else I worked with Bev, Aaron, etc. You are all fantastic!

Now I am able to focus on the joy of the Christmas season. I am excited to spend tomorrow and Friday with family!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your support and prayers over the last 2 years.

YEP THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS. Sunday, I reach my own mini holiday miracle 2 years post diagnosis of Glioblastoma Multiforme! Still alive and kicking!! I must have been a good boy this year! Santa gave me everything I wanted...My health and a wife, Kim, who has been there through everything, done everything for me and been more supportive than I deserve. It is truly a Merry and Blessed Christmas!

Peace to you and your families this holiday season!

1 comment:

~Val said...

Thanks for sharing your great news...sometimes it's good to be an overachiever.

Happy holidays!