Tuesday, March 4, 2008

3 DAYS TO GO!!!

1,2,3 - Wed, Thurs, Fri.... No matter how you count it, I am done with Radiation in 3 days!!!

I am finally starting to see it...the end of Radiation. I still concede that I am entirely too healthy to have cancer. I feel too damn good. I haven't had a bad health day in weeks. So other than Fatigue, I am working on exiting the Bug Zapper (Radiation) in 3 days feeling fantastic and only having fatigue as a side effect! So, the way I look at it, the power of positive thinking is working.

I asked Dr. Mehta today when I will know something. His response was great. He said that there is no definitive timeframe. But, much like Diana told me at the beginning, the goal is to turn this into a Chronic Disease. Dr. Mehta told me today that every new scan that I have done that shows "no progression" I take another step towards remission. This is good news and a little scary. Knowing me, it means that starting in early April, I will work myself into a frenzy every 8 weeks while I get a scan and wait for results. Then I move on. :)

Once I make it past the Chemo Phase (6-12 months depending on scan results) then I will consider myself a cancer survivor. Until then, I will continue being in active treatment.

Phases. I am about to complete phase I. And no matter what any doctor says... I AM TOO DAMN HEALTHY TO HAVE BRAIN CANCER!!! :)

So, I am paying attention and actively particpating in my treatment plan as I have learned from many many survivors, but with the way I am feeling, I am LIVING EVERY MOMENT THAT I CAN....all I need now is the snow to melt so the GOLF CAN BEGIN!!! :)

Marky P is coming to celebrate my end of radiation this weekend. I can't express how excited I am to see him. I am sure it will be incredibly emotional, rightfully so as most of you would agree based on how much he has done in keeping the Talbott Support Team up to speed on my progress. I will post at end of weekend to share my celebration and experience with you all!

As Always PEACE OUT!!!

3 comments:

~Val said...

A countdown....a light at the end of the tunnel....it's all uplifting and energizing. WOO HOO!!!

markopat said...

OK...Who the HELL turned the heat off in Rockford? I just checked the 5 day forecast and it looks like it is going to be 23 friggin' degrees! What a sacrifice to leave 80 degrees and sunny in AZ to come and see my good friend Steve and his awesome wife Kim! But yes...it is SO worth it!

DAMN I am excited to see you!

Counting the days (in more ways than one)!

Love you man!

mark

~Val said...

...and now it is NO DAYS TO GO! Congrats!! A milestone!!