Saturday, March 15, 2008

A week of Normalcy

Well, its been one full week since the completion of radiation and the surprise party of my life. How am I feeling? Absolutely FANTASTIC!! I have had a fantastic week. Had two great events happen this week.

The first event was the opportunity to ride along on a trip with my partner Jeff to visit a client down in Peoria. It was great to spend some time catching up with Jeff, visiting with our client and getting out of the house!

The second event happened today. Kim and I went over to Kim's sister's to celebrate St. Patrick's day. We had a great dinner of Corned Beef and Cabbage, played catch with my nephew, and was able to play (ok mainly watch :) ) "Rock Band" (a Video Game) with my brother-in-law, nieces, and nephew. It was awesome to just hang out and play with the kids and have a few hours of true Normal! It sounds like a little thing, but it was a really awesome feeling playing catch with my nephew. It was so Normal! I loved it. My brother in-law and I even spent some time talking about the upcoming golf season...what could be more normal.

So, I would love to give you some big philosophical statement about this Cancer fight, but when it comes down to it...Life is great, and every minute that goes by, I am feeling less like a cancer patient and more like the old me! To me, that means I AM WINNING!

As Miss Ava would say... PEACE OUT!

4 comments:

markopat said...

NORMALCY RULES!!!

Hi from Palm Springs bro! Watch for Lucas and Dom on ESPN2 on Mon-Wed eve - Ballkids at the Pacific Life Open!

ROCK ON BRO!

mark

JacquelineMarie said...

NORMAL Steve??? What is normal, are you saying you used to be normal? Ha Ha
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and Kim!!!
Jackie O'Leithauser

Anonymous said...

hey buddy, glad to hear things are on the upswing. think of you daily because of the post it on the front of my hard drive with you blog address on it. miss you at the hogs games,,,,,miss everyone since we are in the club lounge(snobs)but it is good hockey and super cold bud light(22 degrees). I'll keep tabs on you and know that you will "make it". you are a tough man, and i know it will take more than this crap to knock you down,,,,,,,never said it before,,,,but,,,,PEACE OUT,,,scribby.

~Val said...

Here's to another weekend of "normal"...

Happy Easter!!

~Val