Tuesday, May 27, 2008

MRI Results...

Radiologist Impression of TALBOTT MRI as of 5/27/08:

1. Stable postoperative changes without evidence of recurrent or residual tumor surrounding the right temporal resection cavity.

ENGLISH TRANSLATION....MY MRI IS CLEAN AS A WHISTLE!!! No Tumor reoccurrence!

Another major landmark passes! Next major landmarks, 1 year, 2 year, and 5 year!

So for those of you watching at home that puts the score at...

The Greatest Surgeon in the World, a few more of Dem Smart Docs, and all the thoughts and prayers from the Talbott Support Group - 2
Stupid Brain Cancer Cells - 0

We are still in the first period, but we are KICKING ITS ASS! :)

(we just have to keep our head up cause we know the big C (cancer) doesn't play fair and will throw a cheap shot to anyone getting too cocky)

==========================================

Ok, so if you were having trouble and can't figure out my language above, Kim and I went to Madison bright and early this morning for a 6:45am MRI followed by my normal blood test and a meeting with Dr. Ian.

The results were outstanding! No recurrence of the tumor, and stability with the "secondary" area of focus! That is the exact thing we wanted to hear! Dr. Ian explained that we passed another major landmark with this MRI. The stats are really good for people who do this well at this point. The next major landmark is 1 year, then 2 years, then 5 years.

I am still doing the Oral Chemo (Temodar) 5 days out of every 28 days. We will continue that for probably another 9 cycles. I am responding well and we want to keep it up!! I will keep getting MRIs every 2 months throughout this first year. The goal is to keep up at the same pace! NO RECURRENCE, STABILITY with the other Secondary Focus. I would be ok if we said that every 2 months for the next 50 years---cause the more they keep saying it, the more I get to keep chugging!

So, if I sound "HIGH ON LIFE", it's because I am...ALIVE and loving every minute!

Thank you all again for you thoughts and prayers. I am living proof that they are working!

PEACE OUT!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME NEWS!!! I am so happy for you!! Unbelievably positive news!!!! I will keep the positive thoughts and prayers going.
-Skol

~Val said...

Exciting, outstanding news! Keep doing the next right thing!!!

markopat said...

WHOOP!

Dem Docs ROCK! Let's keep that positive mojo going bro! This is absolutely great news and I am so excited that we keep moving forward!

Live the dream baby!

Marky P

Anonymous said...

Rock on Steve. Awesome news bro. Luke, Sarah and I are praying daily and you know what? Prayer works bro!! God Bless.

Scott

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!!! Congratulations!!! Time to celebrate! make sure you and Kim do something nice.

Dawn

Anonymous said...

I have had you and Kim in my prayers. Madison is the tops - I should know since I am still "visiting". Thrive in the joy of that great MRI. Keep up the good spirits.

Congrats!

Bernie

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous news. Though I haven't left any comments I have been following closely and you are coninually in our prayers. Keep up the good work and the updates. Congrats on the GREAT NEWS!