Monday, February 11, 2008

Dem Doctors Be Smart....

Ok...it's either this crappy Northern Illinois weather or my doctors are some pretty smart people.

We have been told since day one of treatment that I will have some days of feeling less than 100%. Nothing major, but just some minor bitches...mild headaches and mild nausea...all things that the docs said could happen around the 3rd week of treatment. Imagine that...they are some pretty smart people. It is absolutely nothing major and just enough to make me whiny and turn me into "Needy Steve" :) Now my mother and wife would probably classify this as the way I have handled every typical sickness throughout my life...as a big wuss. :)

So for the past couple days, I have been a big whiny baby, driving my wife nuts! :)

In all seriousness, it was bound to happen. I figure I can take a little bit of feeling like shit after having so little problems in the first 2 weeks of intense chemo drugs and sending daily blasts of radiation to my brain...My body is just saying..."Hey...what the hell are you doing to me?" :)

So, since I am whiny today, I will keep the post short. Just wanted to let you all know that not every day is Sunshine...but I can control my attitude...Just keep me laughing and life is good. So just in case you haven't seen the post by my demented partner, I recommend you take a look at it. Here is the link to the aftermath... www.caveolearning.com/savesteveshair

Have a great week everyone!!!

6 comments:

~Val said...

Sorry you aren't 100%. Listen to your body - rest - and keep the hair-dressing party to a dull roar...

My fave pic is the wrap-around comb over, Yetti wanna-be. Yikes!!!

AK Angel said...

Greetings from the Last Frontier of Alaska ~ hey, 'whiny' is acceptable as long as you have some 'cheese' with it... just a little humor to add a tad more sunshine into your day ~ and Wisconsin still makes the 'bestest' cheese known to man ~ you are a courageous man, and you are surrounded by such a loving family support system ~ and each day that the sun rises and you wake up, is one more that you are all together, be it 'whiny' or not... "You are my wonderful God who gives me courage..." (Psalm 3:3) I so enjoyed the photos of your 'hair' fashions... J.Douglass

Gil said...

Based on the pictures I'm beginning to wonder about your sexual orientation...not that there is anything wrong with it :)

Anonymous said...

and to think you would always get mad at my "whining" in your office.
-SKOL

markopat said...

So If I read this post correctly:

If Steve is in Week 3 of Treatment;

Then he may whine(per his wise docs).

If whining is the forte' of one Skully...

Then Talbott=Skully at week 3. :-o

You know, I took 3 semesters of philosophy in College to avoid 1 year of math...NOW, it all makes sense. Now I understand

:-) You the man Steve!

mark

~Val said...

Mark...if you look at the little picture you drew..it looks like a surprised little devil...appropriate??

3:-O

Or Elsie the Borden cow???

Confused in IL