Friday, February 1, 2008

1 Week Down 5 to Go!!!

I have completed my first week of Radiation!! I can't tell you how excited I am that it is the weekend. It means not having to travel up to UW Madision for 2 days. YEAH!!!

Well my whinyness has subsided and my throat is much better. Physically I am feeling pretty good.

After the trip to radiation today, Kim and I completed the last of our paperwork jungle needs...we executed wills and Power of Attorney. The process was painless and less emotional than I thought it would be. I actually feel relieved that we now have everything in order...it won't be needed for many many years, but Kim and I have been wanting to do it for years and we finally got it done.

As another major accomplishment, I spent a couple hours in my office at home going through end of year documents, etc getting prepared for tax season...Oh what a Joy. :)

I do have to admit that spending some time doing busy work like getting ready for tax season was a great mental lift. So I have set out my tasks for this weekend... Following TLC's Clean Sweep reality show concept, I am gutting my office and starting over as of Saturday Morning. Wish me luck. For any of you that have seen my home office, this is more hazardous than all the stuff related to my brain cancer... I COULD BE CRUSHED BY THE MOUNDS OF PAPER!!! :) Wish Me Luck!!!

On the positive side, Kim and I are going on an excursion to Bonnie and Gary's (aka MUFFIN's) to have dinner on Saturday with all of our friends from the cruise and finally go through all of the pictures we all took on the cruise in December. Guaranteed to be a great time. Its impossible to be around this group of friends without constantly laughing, which is exactly what I am looking for this weekend!

Kim and I are truly looking forward to spending a "NORMAL" weekend, the only trouble we are having is trying to figure out what that actually means. :) We will settle for a relaxing weekend, with no Doctors and as much laughing as we can handle, and maybe even a little housekeeping/clean sweeping to go with it. :)

5 comments:

~Val said...

One-sixth of the way there - woo hoo! Revel in the FREEDOM you feel at a couple of days off a long, daily commute. Enjoy!

Folks in the plastic-storage-bin aisle of Target...look out. An office cleaning is underway!

Happy weekend!

Joanne said...

OMG -- when you finish over there, I still have the desk to finish over here....
And I don't even want to think about taxes!

markopat said...

Good luck with the taxes......ladies...

...and way to get through that first week bro...my hero!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiFrfeJ8dKM

Live...Laugh...Love!


mARK

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,
I know you don't remember me, but I changed your diapers when you were a baby....lol
You were the first baby I ever babysat, (WITH the help of my mother)...and I thought you were the most beautiful baby in the world...which was why I wanted several of my own....(and had 4 sons)...anyhow...I'm your moms cousin,....and she's been keeping me informed, and I'm so glad you have a "positive" attitude,...it really DOES make a difference....I'm a nurse,and I have seen some pretty amazing things in my career....and I DO know that the odds can be beaten, and that those who don't "give up" are the ones who do "beat it"....so hang in there...it sounds like you are on the right track...and I'm thinking of you...
and praying for you....

Anonymous said...

Well, I am on this blog and hope I do it right! Chris, myself and ALL the kids are all on your team and will do anything we can to help you fight the good fight!! We all know this is a temporary set back in an amazing mans life!!! Besides you have to go to Mount Olympus with us this summer, we insist. Have a great time with the ofc cleanup....don't let Greta in there....things will be lost forever!

Love ya! Steph wants to know when you are going to need another Hagen Das fix....guess she's hungry for ice cream