Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Just Call Me Stubblehead!


Mark's Early 2000 Rendition. :)






Ok, so it was bound to happen...the Save Steve's Hair campaign has failed. :) I finally lost the fight with the clippers and buzzed my hair off. :) Good thing my head is fairly symmetrical.

Back in our NH Days, Marky P and I held a contest with our sales people. If they hit a certain number in sales, they would get to shave my head. So Mark with his demented sense of humor created flyers with a picture of me that he Photoshop altered to make me bald- Included above. After 7 years, I finally resemble that picture. :) At least I knew what to expect.

My hair was finally thinning on the right side of my head (where they shoot the radiation, and where dem smart doctors said it would fall out) I figured I was starting to look lopsided and figured what the hell. Its not like I haven't shaved my head before anyway...(See...Stupid High School Swimmer Tricks) or as my Dad would put it...Jello Brain.

Let me tell you...my morning prep time has dropped dramatically...no more need for that shampoo stuff or the hours of primping to get my Friar Tuck look just right.. Just Soap Rinse, and dry...woo hoo.

Halfway through week 4 and I see a light at the end of the Tunnel...and its NOT A TRAIN!!!

The last two days have actually been good on the roads and I have been able to spend more time with Swan and Lyle. I continue to enjoy the drive with these guys as we spend alot of time reminiscing and laughing which continued this week. Its amazing how much laughing helps you feel better mentally and physically!

Met with Dr. Mehta (Radiation Oncologist Extraordianare) today for my weekly check up. Took all of 3 minutes. He says all my bloodwork looks great and I am tolerating the radiation very well! I told him I studied hard for that test. :) Healthwise, I am doing really well. I have to take a nap usually every day... (I know you are all jealous) which dem smart doctors said would happen...but otherwise, I am feeling really good. Now if I can just motivate myself to get some exercise I will be even better!

On another note, I had a really great thing happen to me today! My buddy Marky P, who I refer to often in this blog is coming to visit! It has been a while since I have seen him - he does live a couple thousand miles away. I am really excited to see him. He wants to take Kim and I out to dinner to celebrate the end of Radiation and just to catch up. That truly made my day. Can't wait to see ya brother!! I hope to be able to return the favor and come out to play some golf with you next month and see MA and the BOYZ!!!

And thank you to everyone for your comments on this blog and the personal notes I have recieved via email. They truly mean alot!!!

Peace Out!! (from Miss Ava and I!)

8 comments:

markopat said...

Oh yeah baby! I can't WAIT to leave 70 degrees and sunny and come to the land of 7 feet of snow! Hee hee! What the hell, after 40 years of living in it, what's couple days to see my good pal Steve and his wife.

You know, I still have that photo of you...clean shaven, after all these years! Wondering if there is a way for me to post it...Oh well...if everyone can just imagine Steve with about a 1/4 oz less hair than 12 weeks ago, you will get the picture!

PEACE...Keep Rockin' bro! Can't wait to see you!

Mark

Steven Talbott said...

You send it, and I will post it. :)

alcohol van lyle de said...

I've finally found some extra time to read up on your blog, and let me say that being your personal "Jeeves" has been enjoyable for me as well. Catching up on old times that it seems we have neglected to do for so long is both fun and very relaxing.

For those of you not privy to our "intimate" conversations I thought I'd share a few keywords of substance. Mention anything from below, and you can put a smile on Steve's face for hours:

da Vinci's, '83 T-Bird, Milwaukee's Best Light, REM, Winnebago County Title, coffee stained drapery, Hoodoo Gurus, 16,17,18, The curse, Barack (Kennedy) Obama, Gear Daddies, Celica, St. Patricks Day, Goose, MELVIN!!!, Too Much Joy, Indigo Girls, flannel, John McCain, Social Distortion, Vegas, Golf, Poker, 327, Hingadadendadadendadaden, best wife in the world-Kim, 218, dream vacation in the Dells, Miss Ava, "Family Man with his life all planned", Barb Roberts, Howard Jones, The Church, Iowa State, Family, Dom Perignon (thanks Swan), breaking 80 & 90, Lance Armstrong, Jeff (I love New York) Carpenter, Cubs, White Sox, cheesesteaks, burritos, chicken-on-a-stick, McDonalds #3, getting stuck, hoagies, Chrissy, Bitsy, Dihatsu, sand vollyball, Nickelback, DaDa, and little pink houses for you and me.

See you Friday, my friend; and McDonalds is on me this time.

Peace Out!

~Val said...

So can we bid for your leftover shampoo bottles on eBay? :-D

You look very distinguished with no hair...kind of like that guy on Deal or No Deal...or was it Austin Powers?? Yul Brenner?

McIrish Annie said...

if only that look would catch on with women, I would definitely jump on the bandwagon. I could get 25 minutes more ZZZZ every morning!
So glad everything is going well!

Joanne said...

Actually, I think I like the look -- not Mark's -- he didn't color it right!

~Val said...

It's FRIDAY! Are you 2/3 done???

Anonymous said...

Hey Lyle
How bout -
HERE COMES BUCKY!!,There once was a man from Racine...., 'Dutch, get Swan!', crosswords, the Sword, Steve losing fingers when he won a pot, 'Y'all can stand up now!', Deep, but not Profound, Sonic Boom,
I'll think of more next trip to Madison, i'm sure.
See Ya Soon, Bro!