Monday, April 7, 2008

And the Dr News gets BETTER!

Today was my follow up appt with Dr. Crute, the amazing Neurosurgeon who did my surgery. I brought the MRI from Madison for her to review. We were hoping to get a more detailed explanation as to what was in the MRI. What we got was even more amazing...

Dr. Crute was physically excited with the results! She reviewed the written report and reviewed it with us. First and foremost, the spot of the tumor shows no residue! The secondary focus that they originally glowed with contrast showed nothing. Dr. Crute explained that as probably a lower grade Glioma that was knocked out by the radiation and chemo round 1. Now Dr. Crute has seen alot of these tumors and is always very cautious and reserved with setting our expectations. However, today, she was absolutely excited about the results. You can imagine how that makes me feel. But what really put me over the edge today was what she said next.

"I can't make any guarantees with GBM Tumors, however, based on my experience, your age, and the results of this MRI, I believe you have added YEARS to your life expectancy."

YEARS! NOW THAT'S ABSOLUTELY AMAZING...This comes from an original diagnosis of 6-18 months.

Dr. Crute is Kim and My new Hero! She not only made our day, but she saved my life! From an amazing surgery, that she admitted was one of the worse she has seen, to results that are off the charts in a positive manner! Not only is she an amazing surgeon, but she, by far, has the best patient interaction (bedside manner) of any Dr. that I have ever met. From the day I was admitted, through my whole hospital stay, and now the follow up meetings that I look forward to, she spends time talking us through any and all issues until she is sure that we understand. She is one of the most overtly caring Dr. that I have ever seen. To see her positive emotional reaction today when explaining the results to us was awesome. It was the true and real emotion that she shared that truly helped me BELIEVE!

So, thanks to Dr. Crute, I now am looking forward YEARS, not months! That is news that I just couldn't wait to share!!!

Peace Out!

10 comments:

markopat said...

OK...Now I am all giddy!

This is so COOL! Better than we could have even hoped for bro!

It just goes to show that good things happen to good people.

You, my friend, are my hero!

SCHWING!

Marky P.

Anonymous said...

Steve: I just returned from 3 weeks on the road with limited to no email access. I read your latest update and the news is awesome! The doctor is one piece and your positive attitude is another. The two combined make you what you are today. I look forward to hearing more good news.

Shelley

Anonymous said...

Thank Steve for sharing the awsome news with us. You have had such a positive attitude that has been an ispiration indeed, and now you are rewarded with such news from a Dr that is one of a kind. Enjoy the news my friend, and best to you and your family.
Alwaleed

JacquelineMarie said...

WOW!!!! Steve you are blessed, keep up the hard, excellent work!!!!!!! I am so happy for you--more time to celebrate LIFE...I am in!!!!
Jacquaaaa

~Val said...

What wonderful news to start the day. I am shedding a HAPPY HAPPY tear for you, my friend.

Just amazing....

~Val

Unknown said...

Steve,

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear your great news! Keep kicking butt! You are an awesome friend and I love ya!

Katie

Mike Loven said...

That is very good news. Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!! That is un frigggin believable. congrats on the news...Jimmy Buffett this summer? :)
-SKOL

Texan said...

I have been reading your blog, I even wrote a few comments but then didn't post them as I wasn't sure what to say.... I just read your wonderful news on the quilt blog I discovered you on :O)...

Today I know what to say...
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! What wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news! I think we need to have another party to celebrate.

Dawn