Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring is in the air...

Sweet Sweet Rebellion is MINE!!! Dr Ian said absolutely no driving....But I found a way to rebel. I have not gone the Moped route yet, but I found the next best thing...


TODAY I GOT OUT THE RIDING LAWN MOWER, DROVE AROUND AND DETHATCHED THE YARD!!! WOO HOO!!!




Ok, I know you are all thinking that I have just lost my damn mind... :) Well I haven't completely lost my mind, but cabin fever has taken over!

Its amazing how much cabin fever has hit me this year. With the longer than normal Winter and all the health issues, I have been out of my mind waiting to be able to spend some time outside...today was that day! Kim and I spent a couple of hours running errands and then came home and I jumped at the opportunity to spend an hour dethatching my yard!! It helped that I DROVE the mower. :)

Some days its the little things that make you smile! I have learned not to take any of them for granted anymore!

As is becoming a weekly feature...My BLESSINGS FROM THE WEEK

  1. A GREAT MRI showing No Progression and even some tumor resolution! Better than my Docs expected and the best results we could hope for!
  2. Spending time with Craig and Sue and going to a Hockey game!
  3. Enjoying being outside and DRIVING...even just the Mower. :)
  4. Reading the overwhelming comments on my results post. Thank you all for the positive thoughts. I truly love reading the comments from all of you.
  5. Deciding on my avenue to give back..>Charity Poker Tourney for the American Brain Tumor Association! Watch for details!
  6. The blessing of friends...thank you is just not enough
Have a great week Everyone! PEACE OUT (from Little Miss Ava with Spring Fever)!

2 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

Steve, that MRI report is not Great news, it is SUPER FANTASTIC GREAT!. btw, if you want to do some more driving, hop a plane to CT and I will gladly let you ride my mower since I can't seem to get my hubby to do it !

Hope the chemo goes as well as the radiation did!! Keep on, keepin' on!

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL news on he MRI!! Haven't been able to check your blog for awhile and I look at it today with the best news!! Made my week!!

Can't wait to drive through Marengo and see that helmet going down main street--maybe you should have a cape too!!

Love you guys--keep up the great work!

The kids all say HELLO to you both!