Saturday, April 5, 2008

An Idea to give back!

You all already know that I am a huge fan of Poker. So, as I was thinking of ways to give back, I remember that Rockford/Chicago has an organization called Rockford Charitable Games. http://www.rockfordcharitablegames.com/charities.php

I have attended many of these events over the years and they get a fantastic draw.

I have just reached out to the organization, so I will let you know as the planning progresses. I would love to hear your thoughts about this concept.

The Goal - To raise money and awareness for Brain Tumor Research. All proceeds will go to the American Brain Tumor Assoc. www.abta.org who is headquarted in Des Plaines, IL just down the road.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this idea and maybe even some ideas for Names...the Talbott Annual MEMORIAL is NOT an option cause I plan to be around for a long damn time...

So maybe the POKER RUN for the BRAIN? LOL...obviously I have no creative bones in my body.

Your thoughts and Ideas are very welcome!

PEACE OUT!

2 comments:

~Val said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Val said...

Recalling your many hours of acronym creation while developing training materials at ITS.... how about...

BRAIN Poker....

as in...

Brain
Raising
Awareness
INvolving

Poker

:-)