Monday, July 21, 2008

Enjoying Time with Friends!

Its funny how sometimes things in life can seem so DAUNTING! This Economy, Work, Bills, Money, Family, Health, etc...

But I tell you what...the cure is simple!! Spend a weekend with some friends at a beautiful lake home on a beautiful lake and Laugh your ass off for 2 straight days! It's amazing how much better you feel Monday Morning...Unless you are Bonnie and Kim who gave "Big Mable the Tube" the ride of its life. :) Then you might have a couple of sore muscles today. :)

If you can't guess by now, that is what we did this weekend. Our Hockey/Cruise Crew (4 Couples) got together at Craig and Sue's for a unbelievable weekend. Relaxing, Laughing and having a great time...I don't know if it counts as Driving, but I gave that Waverunner a hell of a ride! :)

Kim and I being typical workaholics haven't taken many breaks over the years...no annual vacations, just a trip here or there... every couple years. After the last six months, you would think Kim and I were making up for lost time! :) Key West, Sue & Craig's, Cruise already booked for later this year!! Woo Hoo. :) What the hell, life is short might as well get out and enjoy ever minute! Just for a little more practice, Kim's sister invited us up to her lake house in 2 weeks. Even get to break out my Fishing Gear!

We have a couple weekends open between now and the end of the season...we might do some yardwork, but don't hold your breath. :)

As Jimmy Buffett says... WHAT A GREAT WAY TO FORGET ABOUT LIFE FOR A WHILE!!!! Thanks again Craig and Sue!!

Next MRI, Thursday...will let you all know how CLEAN IT IS!!!!

Peace Out!

4 comments:

markopat said...

I think that's called "changes in latitude," right? Nice, dude...I love that THE ORIGINAL Mr. Workaholic is livin' the dream!

I think Clark Griswold said it best...

"This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest, a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and your gonna have fun. We're gonna have so much f*****g fun they're gonna need plastic surgeons to remove the smiles from our f*****g faces. We'll be whistling zippity-doo-dah out of our ass holes ."

LOL...I love that...I love the quest...

Marky P

Steven Talbott said...

Here is the clip that Mark is referring to...an ABSOLUTE CLASSIC!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Pv6QTvzos

Steve

~Val said...

I'm glad you are taking a little page from the Val book of life and goofing off a little....um....if I count up all your mini-trip this year (taken and planned) you are at about....oh....maybe...SIX WEEKS?? Isn't that a grand little number?? ;-)

~Val the travelin' gal...

markopat said...

Tis one time...at band camp...I tok off 4 whole days ina row...

;-D