Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Sense of Community -

As a quick health update, before the topic of the day- :) , I feel fantastic, back to working out fairly regularly, the weather has been wonderful, and I was able to spend a few hours this weekend playing with my nephews Will and AJ at the Discovery Center, which is an interactive Kids Museum in Rockford. We had a blast, but boy did those kids where us out. I thought I was in decent shape until I tried to keep up with a 4 year old. :)

AN UPDATE from the last post - Gil had his surgery and it went well. He is home and recovering well! If you get a chance, wish him well on his blog http://gil.wolchock.blogspot.com. His Blog is always a great read and inspiring! Glad to hear you are up and around my friend.

As I approach my next visit to the "Tube" (MRI) on the 24th, my mind has started to wander back into the Cancer thinking realm. Not typically a fun place, but this time, I decided to reach out and find other GBM survivors to network with. I found a great website with message boards that I can communicate directly with GBM survivors and caregivers. It is a great little outlet for me to read about what others are going through, give advice, share my feelings, and realize how lucky I am to be doing as well as I am. I am truly blessed and this new outlet has given me a place to help others as well as help myself. Its a little thing, but those little things have amazing power!

So all in all, things are fantastic! I am happy and healthy, and grateful.

Go Cubs! from the admitted Bandwagon Fan and Peace Out from Miss Ava who is battling the split personality half Sox Fan, half Cubs Fan family. :)

3 comments:

markopat said...

Hey bro...The mind is a VERY powerful thing. I know that we spend about 70% of the things we worry about will never happen. I will keep sending you strength and encouragement and the 24th will go great. Bank it...

Thinking of you a lot my friend,

Mark

PS...Lyle is a Cub fan right? Good to hear he married up to a Sox fan! Looks like I will be sending Miss Ava a new Sox cap!

markopat said...

Wow...my 2nd sentence is a total train wreck...time for a grammer refresher course...

LOL

Mark

JacquelineMarie said...

Steve
Thoughts and prayers for you!!! I am not surprised to see that you are using your passion and energy to be with others--YOU will be blessed!!! I will say hello to Jimmy for you and Kim tomorrow up at Alpine--the weather is here I wish you were beautiful (although we will probably be under thunderstorms)