Thursday, July 24, 2008

The results are in

Ok...my 3rd post radiation MRI Day has come and gone! The Results...Stable, no enhancement and no progression!

In other words, Results that I can LITERALLY LIVE with!!! Woo Hoo!

Our Clinical Trial coordinator made a point to say how good the resection was (the surgery to remove the tumor). Dr. Crute, once again proves that she is a ROCKSTAR!

It still amazes me what she accomplished. She not only removed the tumor, but had to untangle and rewire the blood flow. 11 Hours and 38 minutes of surgery.

Dr. Crute set the stage by removing as much of the GBM (Tumor) that was humanly possible, Dr. Mehta then took aim with the radiation beam and killed anything remaining, and Dr. Robbins is keeping me stable with Chemotherapy. I have to admit...I am one of the luckiest guys on the planet to have a crew of doctors who are so good! Dem Docs sure are smart!! :)

So, with all that in mind, its hard to express what I am feeling at this moment... MRI is clean, Cubs are in 1st Place and Jimmy Buffett is playing on Saturday. What more could I really ask for? World Peace? Not until we get that Republican out of office. :)

Ok, now that I have offended my parents, Republican Friends, and Sox Fan friends...I think I will call it a night.

Just wanted to drop a quick note tonight to tell you how well I am feeling and share the amazing results of our MRI today! 6 cycles down, 6 more to go. So, unlike the Sox, I am batting 1.000. :) (Sorry Marky...couldn't resist) ;)

Thank you all for your continued prayers, they continue to work!

Miss Ava says... GO CUBS!

3 comments:

markopat said...

Another AWESOME Progress report Steve...Way to go!!!

Just keep beating this thing in to submission baby!

Marky P

JacquelineMarie said...

Way to go Steve!!!! Congratulations on your wonderful news, we are all so so so happy for you and Kim!!! Jimmy was great at Alpine Valley on Saturday and quite sentimental about STILL being around after 40 years of "doing this". As my 5 yr. old son says, "YOU are the beast"--bigger than life itself!--Keep the spirit!
Jacquuaaaa

~Val said...

Outstanding news...way to start the weekend!!