Friday, July 25, 2008

An Inspiration passes, but his spirit is alive!


Today, Randy Pausch, the Carnegie Mellon Professor who gave the famous "Last Lecture" passed away. His lecture was about living and dreaming. I have written about the impact on me in earlier blogs, but needless to say the news hit me pretty hard today.

His energy and love of life and dreaming has been a huge inspiration to me. I truly feel for his family - Wife and 3 young children, but I am confident that he lived EVERY last moment he had with them and will continue to be with them in spirit forever.

His passing saddens me today as I think about what his family is going through. That sadness has begun to pass, because I know that Randy Pausch would not stand for it! He would want us to keep looking forward, keep dreaming, and keep living and cherishing every moment as he did.

Although Randy Pausch has passed from this Earth, I know his inspiration will live within the millions of people that he touched with his amazing lecture and unbreakable spirit. I know it will with me!

Thank you for the inspiration Mr. Pausch.


No comments: