Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gratitudes

"Gratitude is an attitude where the mind and the heart unite in sincere appreciation. Throughout life, we experience great victories along with serious challenges. It is as though the good and the bad are in a constant battle to capture our thinking. In moments of clarity we remember… In all things be grateful… for as long as we live, we learn. That is what makes us better!" -Doyle Slayton

2008- My year of gratitudes

As you can imagine, I have alot to be thankful for. With Thanksgiving upon us, I feel compelled to share some of these thank you's to some people that have had an unbelievable impact on my life this year. Bare with me, but I need to list many of you out by name!

Dr. Zaheer- For having the foresight to recognize my symptoms as more than just an "inner ear infection" and send me to the hospital.

Dr. Crute- For your amazing skills as a surgeon and unending compassion that has proven to be one of the top reasons that I am still here.

Michelle- For the compassion that you brought into my room every day while I was in the hospital and taught me what Hope is all about.

Dr. Mehta & Dr. Robbins - Your team approach proves why you are ranked with the best in the world. You designed my Radiation and Chemo treatments to drive the success that I am having today and I am eternally grateful.

Jeff- For being there to support not only our business, but my family. There are no words that can adequately express my gratitude.

Marky P - For pulling together the greatest support group I could have imagined, creating a night to remember, and most importantly, for being there. It means more than I can say.

Lyle & Swan - For countless trips to Madison, reuniting old friendships, road tunes, and laughter. When I needed it most, you were both there. Enough Said.

Kim- For being my rock. It is what it is and we will deal with it - Together! A simple statement, but it has carried us both through the worst of times.

And so many more! From my family, to the amazing Talbott support group, to the nursing staffs, techs, and others at all of the medical facilities that I have been to in the last year, to those of you that encourage me with your comments on this blog. You have all been a huge part of my recovery!

My life is full of things to be thankful for, and I am sure by this point, you are thankful that his post is almost complete. :)

I could not let this Thanksgiving go by without sharing with you a small sample of how full of richness my life is because of all of these gratitudes. I am a better person because of what I have gone through and because of the people that have enriched my life in so many ways. For that, I am grateful! In these tough economic times, it is easy to forget all the things that we have to be thankful for, but this year has taught me to cherish every moment and believe in HOPE.

GOT HOPE? Share it with those you love!

Happy Thanksgiving to all, I wish you and your families a truly happy holiday.

1 comment:

markopat said...

OK...first of all...I am the 8000 visitor...there's a prize right? Like a vespa or something?

I visit this site every day Steve...not only because I love to read what you've written, but your strength gives me strength. We had a really interesting homily at church on Sunday and it was all about helping others...and believe me, lots of people need help these days. Just like you, I am so grateful for everything and everyone in my life, but there is a really special joy I get from helping you and seeing others help you. Sometimes I sit back and think about where my life has taken me to today, and it has been a very wild ride...enjoyable, but wild. I took Lucas to get his drivers license yesterday...How can this be possible? Life throws all of us curves…“just swing away!”

But through it all Steve, I think of you every day and send you my prayers and just KNOW you can beat this. I guess what I am trying to say is what you have already expressed in your post. Just keep enjoying the ride buddy...enjoy it with as many friends and family as you can and with all the vigor you can throw at it. Please let us keep helping…because it makes us feel just as good as it makes you feel

Just keep on livin' the dream!

Marky P