Thursday, January 31, 2008

Whining Already!

Ok...I have only been at this road trip process to Madison every day for 4 days, and already it is getting old. :) The people and the radiation treatments have been fine, but the weather in Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin SUCKS! Kim has been a trooper and got me there every day. We have the routine down...we are up by 6am, breakfast and out of the house by 8am, and home by 12:30ish depending on any stops Kim and I have to make....Starting next week, Kim will have to drop me off on her way to work so that My Awesome Crew of Drivers can pick me up and head north no later than 8:00-8:15 each morning depending on weather...woo hoo. My part of the routine is to either sleep on the way up, or the way back... I am such good company. :)

Health wise, I have developed a couple difficulties. The main complaint is throat soreness. I thought it was a side effect of the radiation until I found out that a good portion of my family that I spent some close time with on Sunday has Strep Throat. :) GREAT...Just what I needed... LOL!!!

So other than bitching about my throat being sore and wishing I could do more to help Kim out around the house, and really feeling bad about how hard my partner Jeff has had to work/travel over the last few weeks because of me, I am doing great.

As for the Chemo process, its a good thing that my wife is an ORGANIZATIONAL FREAK!!! :) Due to the medications, I have to make sure I do not eat anything after 8pm, take 1 pill at 9pm and take the Chemo regime at 10pm. This is in addition to morning and evening meds I have to take. I feel like one of those REALLY OLD people that have pill boxes broken out by hour and day...Oh wait, I have one that is layed out for an entire week. If my wife could find a way to attach a buzzer to it and to my nose-or something more painful, I might actually be able to follow it properly. Needless to say, thank God for her and her organization.

2 comments:

markopat said...

OMG!! I so know what you mean about the weather! It only got up to 64 today and I had to actually wear a sweater this morning for awhile!! I mean YIKES!

Hang in there bro...I am hoping that the strep throat thang is just a scare!

Peace out!

mark

Melanie said...

I've always said--- Behind every Great Man--- there is a woman!!! You are just one of the lucky ones....you realize it...

I can tell from your writing that you're figuring it out---you are tougher than you think... and you have an army of prayer behind you...