Monday, January 14, 2008

Almost Back to Normal!

Great day today! Kim went back to work after being home with me for the last 2 weeks. My back has improved 1000% and is almost back to normal. A few more days and I think I will be in great shape.

I was happy to be able to sit down in my home office and spend some time cleaning up my email. I had almost 300 messages in my inbox. Thank you to all of you that sent me positive thoughts and prayers. They are definitely appreciated!

Tomorrow, we head up to UW Madison to meet with the Oncology Team again. Last week they ran some tests, including a new MRI and new pathology. They wanted to recheck everything before giving their recommendations. So tomorrow they should be able to give their recommendation. We have a couple options including a clinical trial that involves the dosage of chemotherapy and frequency. The trial has some pretty impressive early results and it sounds like a viable option, but, we will learn alot more tomorrow.

I can't start therapy (radiation or chemo) until 3-6 weeks post surgery. The earliest that I will start will be Jan 21, but more reasonably it will be Jan 28th.

I am feeling absolutely great today both mentally and physically! Looking forward to hearing what the Drs have to say tomorrow and even more excited to get started on the treatment. The sooner I start,the sooner I can knock this into remission!!

I will try an update everyone tomorrow with what the Drs say. Wish me luck! :)

5 comments:

~Val said...

Great news! and GOOD LUCK tomorrow! You'll be on my mind!

Carolyn said...

Prayers are going out for you tomorrow, I hope it's all good news. I'm here from your mom's blog...

Pat said...

I lit the candles and sprinkled the holy water. Positive thoughts and prayers are headed your way. Good luck!

markopat said...

The best news here is that you obviously survived your motorized cart ride at Woodman's yesterday! Thank GOD! Was anyone else hurt?

I am sending you TONS of positive energy today Steve! Rock and Roll!

Mark

markopat said...

Also...as a quick aside;

You referring to yourself as normal just kind of tickles my ribs...Thank goodness you qualified it with the word "almost."

mark

:-)