Sunday, January 13, 2008

Getting out of the House!

I was able to go on an excursion Saturday! YIPPEE!! Little things excite you when you are immobilized from back pain. :)

Kim and I went up to her Sister Lori's house to attend my niece Stephanie's 16th Birthday Party!! It was great to get out of the house and reengage in some normal life activities. We were only able to stay a couple hours, but it was great to be able to visit with family outside of clinics and hospitals.

As for the back pain, it is slowly getting better. I was able to get some decent sleep last night, only waking up 3-4 times. As long as I walk often without overdoing, the spasms stop. If I spend too long in one position, the muscles lock up.

In general, I am feeling really good. It is amazing to me that my biggest complaint after 12 hours of brain surgery is back pain. Thankfully, I can feel it getting better every day!

Today, Kim and I are going to do our Grocery Shopping and CostCo Trip! Believe it or not, I am excited about it! :) It gets me out of the house! The best part is I get to drive one of those electric carts around the grocery...(If you are in the area of Woodmans in Algonquin today, be very afraid!) - I am an Excellent Driver....NOT. -Rainman I am not. :) )

2 comments:

~Val said...

Woodman's stores have those great wide, aisles. Look out, world!

Amazing what a little change of scenery can do to perk up your day....especially if you can sneak some M&Ms into the shopping cart
:-)

Enjoy your weekend!

markopat said...

I have been in a vehicle with Steve on the 90...Be afraid people...be VERY afraid!

Mark