Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Day, New Attitude

After my downer post yesterday, I wanted to share my great day today.

Now that my health is improving post surgery, my biggest challenge is keeping my head straight. A couple things have happened recently to help me get my head around things. First was the meeting yesterday with the radiation techs. They really helped my fears alot. Then during dinner with Jeff and Mendy, they gave me a gift for my Birthday. It is a Book by Lance Armstrong "It's Not About the Bike, My Journey Back to Life" I started reading it today and what a great story! Thank you Jeff and Mendy.

Today, Kim and I wanted to get out of the house for a while so we went into town to do a little shopping and decided to stop by to see Lyle, Laura, and their adorable Daughter Ava. What a great way to lift your spirits. Hang out and play with a 13 month old little princess. On top of that, they gave me a gift of some great books and an Angel of Prayer. Now, to receive this from Laura really means alot. This will probably only make sense to a few of you but, Laura and I used to work together many many years ago and religion used to be a common discussion. I have never been a very religious person, but Laura has always been a devote Catholic. We used to have debates and it made for some great conversations- I actually learned alot. After an experience like what I have gone through, it does test your faith. I have had a ton of people tell me that they are praying for me and that truly means alot to me. And after knowing Lyle and Laura for all of these years, recieving that gift from them really touched me. Thank You!

So, overall, I had a great day. Kim and I spent alot of time together, bought some curtains, and we got to spend time with Ava and our friends...what more could I ask for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve - there are even more people praying for you than you know! God allows a lot of things to happen in our lives to help us get focused on what's most important. He has an amazing plan for you and this experience - although it may take a long time for Him to reveal it to you. If you trust Him, He will amaze and awe you in many ways!

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve,
You do have sooo many people praying for you. Your mom has many close quilting friends who love her very much, and so we also deeply care what happens with you. I'm praying fiercely! Thank you for keeping us updated, so we don't have to feel like we're bugging your mom all the time!;)
Blessings,
Kimberlyu

JacquelineMarie said...

Steven
I do not know Laura, but I do know Lyle, thanks to you---remember thanks to you and Lyle I was able to BUY my first house!!!! THANK YOU. But....like Laura, I am another devout catholic tenatiously praying for YOU!
Jacquaaaa

alcohol van lyle de said...

Very nice Steve, I'm elated we could brighten your day. With Ava joining the fight, you'll never lose!! By the way, how did you manage to get more kisses in an hour from my little princess than I manage to get in a weeks time? :) Peace out!